Need a wheelset that will perform on rolling terrain? Designed for 25mm tyres and with a textured brake surface, the Passista is for riders looking for an aero benefit without compromising on handling performance.
The Passista is a mid-depth all-rounder wheelset perfect for use on rolling terrain. This means that the wheel works best when it’s deployed on the sort of hilly, up-down terrain, but naturally you’re going to want to take it further afield too.
The wheels are aerodynamically optimised for a 25mm tyre so are perfect in helping you achieve your most time-shaving aero profile on the bike. The Passista also uses our textured brake surface for improved braking performance in any condition, come rain or shine. This makes them the ideal wheelset for riders who are looking for an aero benefit without compromising on handling performance. Meanwhile the all new precision-machined alloy hubs are fitted with high-grade EZO cartridge bearings to deliver smooth running in all conditions.
The Passista will roll and roll all day no matter the conditions, and with a 56mm rim, you will be performing at your best on even the windiest of days.
"Good all-rounder if you're looking for 'free speed', also able to perform well in windy conditions and respond well on hilly courses'" - Cyclist
In the box:-
- Parcours carbon specific brake pads
- Parcours quick release skewer set
- Rim tape fitted
- Freehub spacer for 8/9/10 speed cassettes
- User guide
- Freehub: Shimano/SRAM 11-speed
- If you require a Campagnolo or SRAM XDR freehub, it can be ordered separately as an accessory
- Model: Passista
- Rim depth: 56mm
- Max rim width: 27.5mm
- Internal rim width: 19mm
- Weight: 1,450g (630g front / 820g rear)
- Spokes: Sapim CX-Ray (20 front / 24 rear)
- Lacing pattern: Radial (front) / 2-cross (rear DS/NDS)
- Hubs: Parcours Rim Straight-pull
NOTE: Due to high value and logistics issues, Parcours wheelset is not available for order under COD (Cash-On-Delivery) Option
Aerodynamics is at the heart of what we do at Parcours. We have spent countless hours over multiple sessions in the wind tunnel to provide the level of data that you as the rider need to make an informed decision. We strive to be completely transparent with all our development and testing, whilst keeping things accessible to all our riders.
As with our aero testing, it’s important to take into account real-world riding conditions. Parcours wheels have been tested across all terrain, ranging from short, sharp Lake District downhills in the rain to long, sweeping Alpine descents in summer heat. Each time they performed admirably, with no unpleasant surprises or issues.
So what does all the testing tell us, particularly about braking on Parcours wheels? Ultimately, our goal is to keep the rim temperature down, meaning we steer well clear of the critical glass transition temperature. To do this, you can employ a number of techniques:
- Most importantly, don’t drag your brakes all the way down a descent. Starting with smaller, controlled downhills, build up your confidence to release the brakes and fully enjoy the feeling that you’ve earned on the uphill
- nstead, use a brake/release method, often referred to as “pumping” your brakes. Even a short release allows the rim to cool significantly
- Alternatively, you can alternate between your front and rear brake when looking to reduce speed
- Ensure that your brake pads are "toed in" so that the front of each pad contacts the wheel when the brakes are applied. This will help to reduce any juddering feel under braking, as well as any brake noise
- Make sure to regularly inspect your brake pads and clean away any debris. Note that your rims may become slightly discoloured from brake pad residue. This is completely harmless
Maximum Tyre Pressure
Note: for road use we recommend a 23mm or 25mm tyre, up to a 28mm tyre for the Strade
Please note that carbon brake tracks are designed to be durable and long-lasting. If well- maintained and cared for, you should expect many happy years of use before the rims need replacing. However, brake track wear will be accelerated in wet weather, when all sorts of nasty grit and dirt finds its way between the brake track and brake pad. It’s worth giving the brake pads a good clean after a wet ride. The finish on the brake tracks will change over time – this is perfectly normal and not a cause for concern.
There isn't a hard and fast max weight that we'd rate the wheels at as it's largely dependent on the sort of riding you're doing. As you can imagine, a heavier rider on a smooth road isn't directly comparable to a heavier rider on rough roads.
Saying that, with an 18 spoke front / 24 spoke rear lacing pattern (24/24 for our disc brake wheelsets), if you're over 90-95kg then we'd suggest looking at increasing the spoke count to make the wheel a little more robust. Get in touch to discuss the custom build options available.
It’s important to us that you feel confident in your purchase, which is why we offer a full 2 year manufacturer’s warranty on all Parcours wheels. This covers any manufacturing or workmanship defects. If you have an issue, simply get in touch and we will arrange shipping back to us where individual parts will be replaced or repaired as required.
This warranty is only valid for the original purchaser and does not include any third parties. Original proof of purchase may be required.
This warranty does not cover:
- Normal wear and tear, including cosmetic
- Crash damage (see our separate crash replacement offer below)
- Products which have been incorrectly installed and/or adjusted
Furthermore, this warranty will be invalidated if:
- The product is used outside of normal usage or is damaged by rider error
- The product is modified in any way
- Tyre pressure exceeds limits laid out below
- Non-carbon specific brake pads are used (with the exception of Paniagua alloy rims)
If the worst happens and you find yourself anything but rubber-side down, we want to help you get back on your bike as quickly as possible. If your wheels are damaged in a crash, we will offer :
- A substantial discount on any replacement rims
- Wholesale pricing on any other replacement parts
- A word of encouragement to get going again, along with a touch of sympathy. We've all been there!
- Country of Origin-China